What are you grateful for today? When was the last time you thanked anyone for showing your kindness and understanding? When was the last time someone showed appreciation for what you did in his favour? These are but a few of the many soul-searching questions a person need to answer. How about answering them on this year’s observance of the World Gratitude Day?
When is the World Gratitude Day in 2017?
World Gratitude Day is on September 21, 2017, a Thursday.
World Gratitude Day is always observed worldwide on the 21st day of September each year.
Origin and Purpose of the World Gratitude Day:
World Gratitude Day was officially started by the United Nations Meditation Group in 1977. Unofficially though it started in a dinner party in Hawaii in 1965. It was created to provide time and opportunity for all mankind to celebrate their:
- All the things received and experienced,
- What they do,
- Modern day heroes,
- Extended family, and
- Friends and acquaintances.
Observance of the World Gratitude Day:
In reality, this special day should be observed every day. Gratitude, after all, is known to father great other virtues. Suggested things to do are:
- Take the time to write down in your diary the things or events you are grateful for since the last time you did the same. Count your blessings and see how blessed you are compared to so many people in the world. Rest assured that such memoirs will be of great help during the challenging moments of your life;
- Join online events in celebration of this day;
- Research on the web on gratitude and learn how it had motivated positively other people;
- Read your life journal on past gratitude list and discern any change it brought to your life;
- Embrace whatever difficulties you may be encountering for the moment and be thankful in the knowledge that it will soon pass;
- Place greater value on the positive traits of the people surrounding you instead of their negative traits. Know and accept their weakness; and,
- Thank all the people who have done you good, as well as, those who have hurt you. You need both to bring out the best in you. Most of all, thank God!
When is the World Gratitude Day in 2018?
World Gratitude Day is on September 21, 2018, a Friday.
More Interesting, Similar Days:
- NATIONAL BE AN ANGEL DAY
- BEAUTIFUL DAY
- ROCKEFELLER CENTER TREE LIGHTING
- World Thinking Day
- Global Family Day
- NATIONAL “JOE” DAY