The National Champagne Day had been observed to be celebrated in August, October and December each year. In my humble opinion, December is the perfect month to celebrate this drink holiday. So, it is time for us to check our wine cellar or bar to make sure we have a bottle of champagne or two for this year’s National Champagne Day.
When is the National Champagne Day in 2017?
The National Champagne Day is on December 31, 2017, a Sunday.
The National Champagne Day is always observed, in the United States of America, on the 31st day of December each year.
Origin and Purpose of the National Champagne Day:
Though no official record had been found as to the origin and official purpose of this special, it had been observed for centuries. Being observed on New Year’s Eve, champagne had become a tradition in making the annual New Year’s toast worldwide. Its purpose may be deduced to show appreciation and increase awareness of the champagne’s contribution to history.
Observance of the National Champagne Day:
The National Champagne Day, being observed on New Year’s Eve, is one of the easiest special days to celebrate.
- As you greet your friends, through the social media sites, remember to remind them of the event as well;
- Include bottles of wine in your gift list to friends and family for the New Year’s festivities;
- Buy an assorted variety of this sparkling wine from your local winery;
- Sponsor a champagne tasting activity with family and relatives;
- Check the web for the latest champagne cocktail recipes and try them at home;
- Organize a champagne cocktail contest at home with some of your close friends;
- Ensure that your menu for New Year’s Eve goes perfect with drinking champagne; or,
- Give away bottles of champagne as prize for fun games on New Year’s Eve with friends, neighbors, and visiting relatives.
When is the National Champagne Day in 2018?
The National Champagne Day is on December 31, 2018, a Monday.