When was the last time you heard words like ‘Hey, you look great!’, ‘I like your presentation!’, ‘You did a great job!’ and similar praises? So, how did you feel about it? It feels good to hear thoughtful remarks, right? Sincerely-said compliments build our self-esteem and encourage us to keep up the good work. This National Compliment Day, it is a great chance to compliment others and contribute in making their day a nice one!
National Compliment Day 2015
National Compliment Day 2015 will take place on Saturday, January 24, 2015.
National Compliment Day is celebrated every year on the 24th of January.
National Compliment Day Origin
National Compliment Day was created in 1998 by Debby Hoffman and Kathy Chamberlin from Concord and Hopkinton, New Hampshire, respectively. These women want to remind people that through giving of compliments, a positive connection with anyone will be quickly and easily achieved.
Are those receiving compliments the only ones who benefit? Certainly not! Giving of compliments makes us feel good inside and throws away loneliness. It also forges positive bonds. But these should be given sincerely. It shows the truthfulness of the saying: “There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving”.
National Compliment Day Celebration
- Compliment your family. Does the food prepared taste good? Then tell your wife (or mom) and make her happy! If you are a wife, why not let your husband know how good a provider he is? Take time to praise your children for their efforts at home and school.
- Compliment your employer, employee or co-workers. It might be hard, especially if you have a demanding boss or a gossiping workmate. But who knows? You might ease the friction if you commend them for a job well done.
- Compliment your friends. Do you have a trusted, loyal or understanding friend? Let your buddy know how much you appreciate his/her good qualities.
- Compliment your neighbor for a well-trimmed lawn or a beautiful garden, anything that is worth praising.
- Compliment a teacher’s patience or a student’s academic efforts. Find something beautiful in others and give a good remark. Remember, every one of us has something good and deserves to be praised.
National Compliment Day 2016
National Compliment Day 2016 will take place on Sunday, January 24, 2015.