Have you ever received a kind word or deed from another person? No doubt it warmed your heart when you are treated with kindness. Think of what others would feel if you do the same. This coming World Kindness Day, it is a perfect time to do an act or acts of kindness.
World Kindness Day 2017
World Kindness Day 2017 will occur on Monday, the 13th of November, 2017.
World Kindness Day is celebrated every year on the 13th of November.
World Kindness Day Beginning
In 1998, World Kindness Day was introduced by the World Kindness Movement, which is a coalition of nations kindness NGOs. World Kindness Day is observed in many countries, including Australia, Canada, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Nigeria, and United Arab Emirates.
November 13, 1998 was the opening day of the first World Kindness Movement conference at Tokyo and the 35th anniversary of the Small Kindness Movement of Japan. World Kindness Day’s purpose is to look beyond ourselves, our countries’ boundaries, culture, race and religion for we are all citizens of the world.
World Kindness Day Celebration
There are unnumbered ways to celebrate World Kindness Day. Showing an act of kindness need not cost anything. Here are some ways:
- Make a cup of coffee and cook breakfast for your partner.
- Offer to do some chores for a family member.
- Write a thank you card to your friends.
- Praise a workmate on his/her good work.
- Compliment a neighbor on a well-maintained garden.
- Help an elderly person cross the street.
- If you are riding a crowded bus, offer your seat to a stranger.
- Clean up your closet and donate unused materials.
- Volunteer in a relief committee helping people affected by natural disasters.
- Adopt an unwanted animal near you.
Remember, a small act of kindness will make a huge difference.
World Kindness Day 2018
World Kindness Day 2018 will be on Tuesday, 13 November, 2018.