World Oceans Day is officially recognized by the United Nations in 2008. From that point forward it has been facilitated globally by The Ocean Project and the World Ocean Network with greater success and global participation each year.
When is the World Oceans Day 2017?
World Oceans Day is on June 8, 2017, a Thursday.
World Oceans Day is celebrated every year on the 8th June.
The origin of the World Oceans Day:
World Oceans Day was first introduced in 1992 to raise awareness of the crucial role the sea plays as wellsprings of nourishment, oxygen and medicine. It was authoritatively distinguished by the United Nations (UN) in 2008 and is observed on June 8 each year. The oceans are essential in such a large number of courses from more extensive scale things like regulating climate, generating oxygen and retaining overabundance carbon dioxide to giving food and incredible recreation opportunities. An alternate motivation to celebrate the oceans is the beauty they exhibit, from colorful coral reefs to lofty whales.
World Ocean Day gives a chance to get directly involved in protecting our future, through a new mindset and personal and community action and involvement – beach cleanups, educational programs, art contests, film festivals, sustainable seafood events, and other planned activities help to raise consciousness of how our lives depend on the ocean.
Objectives of World Oceans Day
You can start by recognizing World Oceans Day and thinking about what the ocean and its tenants intend to you. Here are some other inferences:
- Change attitudes -encourage individuals to think about what the oceans mean to each of us, and what oceans have to offer.
- Learn -discover the wealth of diverse and beautiful creatures and habitats found in the oceans, and how our actions affect them.
- Change our ways – encourage each of us to become caretakers of our oceans, and to conserve them for our future.
- Celebrate – organize or participate in ocean events, whether we live inland or on the coast.
- Learn more about the oceans – and the amazing diversity of marine life they support.
- Do something simple to help marine life – such as choosing sustainable seafood, disposing of fishing line properly and never throwing your trash (even a tiny cigarette butt) into the ocean.
- Wear Blue and Tell Two – This catchy slogan coined by The Ocean Project asks ocean lovers to wear blue on June 8 and tell others two things they don’t know about the ocean and how they can offer assistance. There’s a simple, solid step you can take to protecting the oceans.
- Experience the ocean – even if it’s through visiting a local aquarium.
When is the World Oceans Day in 2018?
The World Oceans Day will be on June 8, 2018, a Friday.