Who of you is not captivated by a charming smile? A smile makes us feel better and gives a positive energy to us and those around us. World Smile Day is for all people. It aims to improve the world with kind acts and one smile at a time. So it’s time to flash those pearly white teeth of yours this World Smile Day.
When is World Smile Day 2017?
World Smile Day 2017 celebration is on Friday, October 6.
World Smile Day is celebrated once a year every first Friday of October.
World Smile Day Origin
Harvey Ball, a commercial artist from Worcester, Massachusetts created the idea of World Smile Day. He is known to have created the yellow Smiley Face in 1963. That became the symbol of good will and good cheer around the world.
The year 1999 started the World Smile Day and ever since it has continued every year.
“Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation” [Wikipedia] was created after he died to give honor to his name and memory. The foundation is the official sponsor of World Smile Day every year.
Ways to Celebrate this Special Day
“Do an act of kindness. Help one person smile.” [worldsmileday] This is the theme of the World Smile Day.
- Start by practicing an eco-friendly behavior.
- Do something kind to a stranger.
- Put on a happy face. You might say something like: “Here’s a big smile to brighten your day!”
- Show appreciation to your family, friends and neighbors by recognizing their good works. Help them smile.
- Send your friends a Smiley Face, whether writing it in a card or by email.
World Smile Day 2018
World Smile Day 2018 will occur on Friday, October 5, 2018.