World Teachers’ Day or Teachers’ Day is a special day to give appreciation to the significant roles teachers play around the world in the society.
World Teachers’ Day 2014
World Teachers’ Day 2014 will be celebrated on a Sunday, 5th of October.
Yearly, World Teachers’ Day is celebrated every 5th of October.
World Teachers’ Day History
On October 5 1994, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) formally established World Teachers’ Day. October 5 was the chosen date to give recognition to UNESCO/ILO’s (International Labor Organization) approval of World Teachers’ Day establishment since October 5, 1966. This special day is acknowledged worldwide by around 100 countries. This celebration aims to highlight the endeavors and achievements of the teachers on a global scale.
World Teachers’ Day 2013 Theme
For year 2013, World Teachers’ Day’s theme is: “A Call for Teachers.”
This theme will discuss the following agenda:
- Lack of sufficient teachers.
- Lack of qualified teachers;
- Advance quality education;
- Teachers’ contribution in training globally conscious citizens.
Teachers’ Day Facts
1) Teachers’ Day at Singapore is observed every first Friday of September.
2) Every first Tuesday of May is the day Teachers’ Day is celebrated in the US.
3) In India, every September 5th is the celebrated Teachers’ Day. This is to give honor to the Indian academic philosopher and second president of India: Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
World Teachers’ Day—A Day of Appreciation
Teachers are considered the silent guide of the generation. We have repeated encounters with them almost every day come school year time yet it is possible that we could take their efforts to teach for granted. World Teachers’ Day are all about that: giving appreciation to teachers. An appreciation, no matter how small, if it comes from the heart, will surely be appreciated. So on a day especially dedicated for teachers, don’t hold back, make your teachers feel loved.
World Teachers’ Day 2015
World Teachers’ Day 2014 will be celebrated on a Monday, 5th of October.