Are you getting tired of eating meat as you always see it being served in your dining table? Are you thinking switch on a vegan diet, since you’re not getting any younger anymore? World Vegan Day might be a good jump-start for you.
When is World Vegan Day 2018
World Vegan Day 2018 will be observed on Thursday, November 1.
World Vegan Day is celebrated annually on the 1st day of November.
World Vegan Day Origin
World Vegan Day is celebrated by vegans worldwide and was established in 1994 by Louise Wallis who was a full pledged animal advocate and vegan at the age of 18. Being a woman that she was, she finds comfort and peace being around animals especially with horses. She later on became the president of the World Vegan Society in November 1991.
Veganism by definition is a process of nonparticipation from the use of meat and animal products; specifically in food intake. Vegans are those who follow this kind of practice.
Customary Practices to celebrate World Vegan Day
World Vegan Day encourages everybody to have a lifestyle of eating delightful and nutritious vegan foods instead of having an unhealthy diet with meat, meat, and meat.
Try some customary practices to be a part of this World Vegan Day:
- Do some research of a vegan recipe and prepare it over lunch or dinner for the family.
- You may want to air you opinions about the helpful benefits of veganism to your health and environment or the senseless animal cruelty through social media.
- Encourage the local restaurants near you to have a vegan recipe in their menus.
- Educate your kids about this holiday and let them be aware that it is not always healthy to eat meat.
- If you care for animals, you can donate cash to a trusted local animal protection organization.
- Rescue a homeless animal by bringing them to an animal shelter.
- Be kind to your pets. If you have one, treat them as a part of the family who also needs love and caress.
- Regularly remind your kids of the healthy benefits of eating loads of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Teach them to prepare a homemade shakes and smoothies that they can enjoy while watching TV.
- If you are used to eating an all-meat pizza, just give a try to garden fresh salad pizza and enjoy the fact that it is healthy and not so heavy for you.
- Store some fruits and vegetable in your fridge for the whole week.
World Vegan Day 2019
World Vegan Day 2019 will be observed on a Friday, November 1.